Looking for a fun Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer craft?
Make easy DIY reindeer gift bags out of plain brown paper bags and your little ones handprints.
Simply cut out the traced handprints, decorate a paper bag and glue the handprints on. I’ll show you exactly how I made mine.
Need a refresher on how to gift wrap? Click through to this easy step-by-step gift wrapping tutorial showing how to wrap a present perfectly.
While you’re at it, check out the list of 60+ gift wrapping tips (all in one place!). When you’re done, come back here and make some reindeer gift bags.
Brown Paper Bag Reindeer Craft Tips
Let’s begin with some helpful tips to make these reindeer gift bags.
- I like to use tacky glue for this type of craft projects since it works well with a variety of materials and dries transparently. However, you can use any regular craft glue that you have on hand.
- You can make these together with your kids or they can make it themselves if they’re old enough to handle simple craft materials like paper, scissors, and glue. Give your kids an assortment of mini pom-poms, buttons, and paint or markers to decorate their reindeer with. Have them design it however they like!
- This brown paper bag reindeer is a wonderful keepsake gift bag for parents or grandparents this Christmas! It’s also a perfect gift bag for wrapping small presents like gift cards.
You can fill them up with popcorn or candy and other snacks and use them as fun treat bags. Or just put sandwiches in and bring them to work or school as a cute reindeer lunch bag.
Have some leftover brown paper bags?
Turn those into pretty gift bag gingerbread houses. Grab your white marker and make a bunch!
- Trace your child’s handprints onto red card stock paper. Make sure to also trace top inch of the wrist with the hand.
- Cut out the handprints to make two reindeer antlers.
- Take a piece of white paper cut to the same width as your bag. Go down about halfway in length, no need to be super precise here.
Sketch two arches going down from the side and meeting in the middle. See image.
- Cut the white paper along the arches and glue it onto the top half of your brown paper bag. Let dry.
- Glue the red rhinestone nose onto the tip of the white paper.
- Draw the eyes and mouth with your black marker. Sketch them in pencil first if you want.
- Cut a piece of red ribbon an inch longer than the width of the bag. Cut ends of ribbon diagonally to prevent fraying.
Glue the ribbon right above the bottom of the bag, to form a collar for the reindeer. Fold the ends to the back.
- Now open up the bag, stand it up straight, and put your gift inside. Fill up with tissue paper to give it shape if needed.
Fold over the top inch of the bag towards the back. Pinch fold with your fingertips for a sharp, clean crease.
- Turn your reindeer bag around. Position the handprints so that the fingers stick out above the bag as antlers.
Glue on the wrist parts of the handprint antlers right underneath the white folded-over piece.
This way the bag can be opened without damaging it. After taking contents out it can be carefully folded flat and kept as a cute keepsake.
More Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas
Looking for more unique and creative ways to wrap your Christmas gifts?
Make sure to check out some of these other popular gift wrap DIY’s: