This post contains affiliate links. If you were to make a purchase through one, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
Are you looking for a fun and creative way to wrap your Christmas gifts? With just a few materials you can turn your present into Santa Claus!
It’s super easy and your Santa will definitely steal the show under the tree this year. Great for both kids and adults.
All you need is red and white paper, glue, googly eyes, and some cotton balls to make your own Santa Claus gift wrap!
Read on for the complete step-by-step tutorial with pictures.
Gift Wrapping Tips
Let’s begin with a few helpful gift-wrapping tips.
- Get a quick refresher on how-to perfectly wrap a gift. And while you’re at it, visit the complete list of all the gift wrapping tips (more than 60!). Come back here when you’re done to make your Santa gift wrap.
- We’ll be glueing cotton balls onto paper to make Santas beard and hat trim. I like to use tacky glue since it works well with so many different materials and dries transparent. However, you can use any regular craft glue that you have on hand.
- To make your gift wrap look neat and crisp, go around and pinch all sides with your fingertips for sharp, clean creases.
- Wrap your gift length-wise with red wrapping paper.
Extend the paper about an inch on the bottom. At the top, let the paper extend about half of the length of your package.
Secure on the back with sticky tape.
- Fold and wrap the bottom how you would normally wrap your gift.
Fold the sides of the top in to create two points. Use a folded piece of sticky tape in the middle to attach the front and back tips to each other.
- Glue a cotton ball to make the tip of Santa's hat.
- Cut a strip of white paper about the size of half the package (not counting the hat).
Wrap around the top half of the package, below the hat. Secure with tape on the back.
- Gently unroll/pull apart a couple of cotton balls and glue them on as Santa's beard and trim of the hat.
- Glue on googly eyes.
Cut a small red paper triangle as the nose. Glue on in between the eyes.
- Cut two same size rectangles out of red paper to make the arms. Fold in half lengthwise and tape one on each side.
More Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas
Looking for more unique and creative ways to wrap your Christmas gifts? Make sure to check out some of these other popular gift wrap DIY’s:
- How to Wrap a Cylinder Shaped Gift as a Christmas Nutcracker
- Creative Gift Wrapping Idea: Paper Christmas Ornaments
- How to Decorate Christmas Gift Wrap with a DIY Honeycomb Snowman
- How to Decorate Christmas Gift Wrap with DIY Felt + Ribbon Ornament
- Step by Step Brown Paper Bag Gingerbread House Christmas Gift Wrap